While our philosophy of quality first has long set us apart as a benchmark of excellence, our true mark of distinction is that we are a source of reference for language professionals. Teaching and learning is at the core of the company’s DNA, thanks to its co-founder, Carmen E. Díaz, a university professor of translation for nearly 40 years. Our translators and interpreters have an M.A. degree in Translation and were some of Carmen’s top students from the M.A. Program in Translation of the University of Puerto Rico. Atabex has a long history of cultivating the skills of students from that program through internships and mini-workshops. This is the mindset that drives us to train translators and interpreters of the next generation. Our company takes the education and training of language professionals to heart.
Our Unique Twist
We are a specialized, boutique translation company with expertise in English and romance languages. We have vast experience in technical translations for the pharmaceutical, medical, legal, and environmental industries, and we love the opportunity to translate new terminology. Atabex sees past the magnitude of a job. A juicy challenge is always welcome.
Above all, we train the professionals. Atabex is a place where professional translators and interpreters come to enhance their skills, to stay on top of their game, to refresh their knowledge, and to prepare for certification exams.
- Our language professionals are trained specifically in translation and interpretation (M.A. degrees, certifications).
- We have the only translator in the region with a Post Graduate Certificate as a Medical Translator from the University of Puerto Rico, after completing 24 credits from the UPR Medical Sciences Campus.
- We use a proven quality assurance system.
- We are skilled enough to maintain industry standards, to push that extra mile to find the precise terms, and to confidently defend against incorrect usage.
- We are a point of reference and consultation for professionals.
- We have the linguistic knowledge to give you the peace of mind that both your original message and the translation are optimal.
- Puerto Rico, the all-star island, with its bilingual culture, is the perfect incubator for all-star translators and interpreters.
- We take pride in maintaining industry standards and abiding by our profession’s code of ethics.